« Home | Braun & Pedroia Named Rookies Of The Year » | Bo-Sox Sign Schilling For 2008 » | Dodgers Make It Official Torre Manager » | John Russell New Pirates Skipper » | Torre Named As Dodgers Manager » | RedBirds Name Mozeliak As New G.M. » | Grady Liitle Resigns As Dodgers Manager » | Yankees Introduce New Skipper Joe Girardi » | Reports Say That Torre Will Become New Dodgers Man... » | Braves Trade Renteria To Tigers For Prospects »

C.C. Wins American League Cy Young Award

I have known Cleveland Indians starting pitcher C.C. Sabathia since his rookie year in 2001. I have watched this young man grow up in front of me as I covered him for 81 home games from his rookie year through the 2006 season. I covered one series this season, as the Indians took on the Atlanta Braves. CC and I had an interview which is on this site




I predicted back in February of this year on our sister site www.thesackattack.com that Sabathia would win 20 games in the 2007 campaign. Because of lack of offensive support, Sabathia did not fulfill my prediction, even though he could easily have had 24 victories. But C.C. ended up with two prizes that were sweeter than 20 victories. He helped lead the Cleveland Indians all the way to the 7th game of the A.L.C.S., and Tuesday MLB named him the winner of the 2007 Ameican League Cy Young Award.


C.C. beat out Red Sox starter Josh Beckett for the award by a large margin, he had 19 first place votes and 119 votes in total. Beckett received 8 first place votes and a total of 86 votes. Sabathia went 19-7 his best year in the Majors. As I wrote at the beginning of this piece, I have known C.C. since he was a rookie. He represents everything that is good about Sports, he's a team player, he's humble, and most importantly he is a good man. Congratulations C.!

© Copyright 2007 thesackattack.com

About us

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland, Ohio, United States
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile


  • I'm Stepen Rhodes
  • From Crescent City, CA
  • Stephen Rhodes has been a diehard Cincinnati Reds and MLB fan since the early 70's; his insight into today's game should make for interesting reading at The Game Of Baseball.
View My Complete Profile
    Shop Teamstore.com

    Champs Sports (Footlocker.com, Inc.)